If you are building a brand in the modern age, you need to have a solid marketing strategy in place. Today’s marketing strategy revolves around content, of which videos are an integral part. Video content is essential for marketing at various stages of the funnel. You can also add videos to your emails to increase your chances of getting your prospect to open the mail. Be sure to use the video email tool by Hippo Video.
The importance of video selling
Salespeople follow the process of video selling, where they use live videos or recorded videos to engage their prospects.
If you did not already know, videos are, by far, the most interactive engaging content type, which means that people are highly likely to consume your content and pick up your products if your content is valuable. A report by Oracle suggests that 82% of websites that people visit showcase a video on their page.
Customers have reportedly claimed to have used videos to simplify the decision-making process. 88% of marketers maintain that they are happy with the return on investment they received from video content.
Videos engage the viewer in more ways than one. While text and infographics can do well to engage you visually, videos have multiple frames and can engage your hearing. The added advantage is video sessions are interactive, which is not true of other forms of content.
Ideas for Video Content Creation
Now that you know a thing or two about videos and the importance of using videos for sales, you need to start creating content. Here are a few ideas you can toy with to start creating videos:
- Interview videos
- Live streams
- Product unboxing videos
- Entertainment videos
- Product demonstration videos
- Product review videos
- Tutorial videos
- Online gaming videos
- Movie review videos
- “How To…” Videos
The Best Practices for Video Content Marketing
You need to know what to focus on as you build your video content marketing strategy. The lack of solid planning and focus can result in little to no results from your marketing efforts. Here are a few practices to follow to get your video marketing up and running:
- Before you do anything else, you must pick a niche. You cannot move forward as a business without a niche because you will not know your target audience, which means you will be unable to create content that brings value to anybody. You need to pick a niche and identify your target audience before you do anything else.
- After you settle on a niche and identify your audience, you need to research your content. Put in the time and effort to research your content before you assemble and publish it. The more research you do, the more credible you will be. Be sure to use as many references as you can.
- The next thing to focus on is measuring and tracking your results. Once you put out videos, track their performance. You need to use tools like Analytics and Insights and figure out which videos of yours tend to get the most engagement. That should tell you what kind of content your audience finds valuable. Once you figure this out, you can tweak your new content accordingly.
- Apart from this, try to look for ‘content gaps.’ Every market has a demand for something. Try to figure out what there is a demand for that your competitors may not be solving. Doing this will help you drive heaps of traffic, boost your brand awareness, generate tons of leads, and of course, conversions. Filling up content gaps is vital.
What should you keep in mind when you shoot videos?
So, you have the gist of video marketing. But, what about video creation. Here are a few things to keep in mind as you shoot videos:
- Pick up a good camera. Sure, you do not have the best equipment on the market to shoot quality videos. However, you do have to purchase an excellent camera or a phone that has one. Another thing to keep in mind is that you should shoot your videos in landscape mode and avoid zoom much as you can. Instead, close the distance between you and the subject.
- Get rid of shaky footage. You cannot use shaky footage, which is why you ought to consider buying a gimbal. A gimbal or tripod will help you steady your smartphone or camera, thus making it easy for you to shoot excellent footage without any shakiness. If you plan to make videos full-time and build a brand, you will have to invest in this.
- Here’s another thing you need to take care of. Lighting is one of the most important things to sort out as you shoot your videos. Do most of your filming outdoors at the right time during the day. You need to shoot in an abundance of natural light. However, you can use a lighting kit as an alternative source of light.
- Invest in killer audio equipment. This is just as important as using an excellent camera. You may be tempted to record the audio using your phone’s inbuilt phone recorder. However, you should invest in excellent equipment to make your videos more professional.
As you know by now, you need to have a video marketing strategy in place, which is why you should consider using Hubspot video marketing by Hippo Video. This quick guide should help you create and market videos like a pro.