Website development is no more a task that requires considerable technical expertise and experience (unless and until you intend to develop an innovative product with novice functionalities). Website builders help you with DIY technology tool kits to get the job done for small businesses in no time.
Any and all businesses, however big or small, require an online presence, and a good one at that to develop their brand and to even announce their presence to the world.
A good website is the first step in this direction!
Digest this! There are more than 4.2 billion internet users in a world of around 7.5 billion (more than half of the world literally!) A good website is the doorway to this humongous world of opportunities. Not only does it make the whole world your market; but also ensure that you as a business stay in trend and understand user expectations and requirements in a comprehensive manner. There are various technologies like artificial intelligence, blockchain technology in business, amongst others; helping to develop a better user experience. A website builder helps bring these websites to life!
What is a website builder and how exactly does it work?
As the name suggests, a website builder helps build websites. It is basically a software or a technology tool that gives shape to a website, without the requirement of the users to get into the nitty gritties of coding and other technology aspects involved.
There are offline website builders like Rapidweaver as well as the online ones like Website.com out there, that enable the users to easily build websites. The offline ones require the users to create website pages using the software offline and subsequent uploading with a separate website host.
Online website builders on the other hand require no uploading or host services separately. Everything in here, happens online within the website builder suite.
All-in all, these developers would simply require you to pick and drop utilities on your web pages, taking care of all the coding requirements for a small business app development process.
Finding the best Website Builder out there.
You could develop an online brand without an impressive website is one of the myths about digital transformation. In fact, 57% of internet users say that they would not recommend a business brand with a poorly developed website on mobile!
So, if you are a future envisioning business owner, developing an impressive website should feature high up on your ‘to-do’ lists in these times. The following website builders will help you do it easily and well:
#1. Square Space
This is one of the best website builders , especially known for the templates it has to offer. The platform offers a 14 day free trial and then charges a fee of $14/month thereafter. Let us analyze its Pros and Cons.
- They have a rich archive of templates for the users, making square space an utterly developer-friendly tool. These templates are quite sophisticated to look at with clear lines and polished designs
- Square space inculcates a series of advanced tools for next-level functionalities.
- There are options to add features like an announcement bar and a mobile i bar for streamlining website pages is also available.
- It takes a while for the developer to get used to it. Development by a layman may take more time.
- Not very highly rated SEO services.
Overall the website builder helps small businesses to develop professional-looking websites with ease.
Our Overall score: 4.7/5
Wix is amongst the best website developers due to the ease of use and customization options it offers to its users. Its basic plan begins at $23/month, while the business plan is priced at $27/month and the VIP plan at $49/month.
- It’s easy to use as the platform requires no coding knowledge from the user’s side. They simply have to drag and drop functionalities.
- The platform creates beautiful websites with plentiful features and themes it has to offer including restaurant ordering, music distribution, appointment scheduling and more.
- lets you customize almost anything with its unstructured editor. It lets you drag and drop elements anywhere on the page.
- The platform does not offers 24*7 support.
- Website updation is an issue, once the site goes live.
With extensive usability and app market options, Wix is one of the most developer-friendly website builders.
Our score: 4.7/5
Reports state that more than 90% of all retail shall happen online in 2040 and Shoppify is the best ecommerce website builder out there. The platform offers a $29/month basic version, and $79 and $299/month options for shopify and advanced versions.
- The website builder includes several inbuilt features for easy ecommerce website development including Shopify Payments, Shopify Augmented Reality and Shopify Fulfillment,amongst others.
- The platform enables easy website scalability by allowing third party users to build on features and utilities as separate apps, helping the core stay clean and easily managed.
- The platform offers a clear and clean building environment to the developers.
- As the platform includes several usabilities, it takes time getting used to it.
The website builder platform offers all ecommerce requisite functionalities.
Our Score: 4.1/5
For small businesses that require simple websites, weebly is the best and most affordable option out there. It offers free of cost services for the basic version and $6/ month for a personal one, $12 and $23/month respectively for professional and performance versions.
- It is one of the most pocket-friendly website development tool
- The software inculcates an easy to use dashboard.
- You can create your Weebly site with its drag and drop builder
- There are several professional looking templates.
- The platform offers fewer development options.
- The developer needs to cough up extra money for most functionalities.
One of the best options out there for physical stores that need a website as an extension of their already developed brand.
Our score: 4.3/5
It is one of the most widely used platforms for static website development. Its plans statrt at as low as INR 160/ month with a premium version at INR 280 and advanced version st INR 640/ month.
- The platform offers a wide range of utilities and functionalities to its developers.
- Overtime, with its innumerable plugins and themes; the platform has garnered immense developer fame
- WordPress offers great developer support from an extensive developer community.
- WordPress requires time to get used to its work environment.
- Most of the SEO tools and higher level utilities require higher plans.
WordPress offers the widest range of customizations, but only you opt for its high end business plan.
Our score: 4.1/5
So, if you are a tech-savvy app owner with a mindset to develop a website on your own or an app developer looking for a tool for the same task, these web builders will help you get the job done efficiently. Go give them a try and see for yourself!