Real estate has always been a challenging field. With such fierce competition, real estate companies have to come with innovative and creative ideas to sell their properties. One of the smart ways to sell properties these days is building a smart home.
Many real estate companies believe that when a buyer comes in the market to buy a property, they are clear about their expectations and knows exactly what they want. They also like to see whether or not a property they are buying fits all the needs. That is the reason many real estate companies in Nevada are building model homes in Las Vegas because it gives a clear picture of the house they are buying and what all amenities included. Layout plans are not that effective in convincing customers.
Buying a Model Home is a Good Investment
Buying a model home is just like buying a car that is used for test drive purposes. Since these homes are not really “used”, it is as good as buying a new house. Model homes usually are packed with all amenities and designed beautifully. The reason for creating model homes beautifully is to create a good first impression. Typically, they would have hardwood floors, interior décor, landscaping, and impressive finishes. So, if you are lucky enough to be in the market during a model house sale, here are some reasons you should buy it: –
- Convenient – Model homes are ready to move-in homes. Consumers don’t have to purchase anything before moving to such homes. It comes with all the upgrades and you don’t have to worry about designing the house because it is already done for you.
- Comes with All Amenities – The reason model homes are built is to create a lasting impression on the buyer. Hence, they are designed with the latest features and designs that people around you might not have. Since these houses are sold as it is, you can enjoy all the amenities and more.
- Option to Get the Furnishings as a part of the Deal – Model homes are designed with top-notch décor items. Everything used in that home is according to the style and the color scheme of the house. So, if you manage to negotiate with the builder, you can include the home furnishings. It saves you time and money. Also, you get a home that is designed by a professional.
- No Hidden Motives – Right from the entrance to the backyard, you get everything that you see. So, you know what to expect from the home you are buying. On the plus side, who doesn’t like to live in a home that is predesigned by a professional from outside to inside. But before you take that decision, make sure you ask the seller about the age of the property and have an inspection done by someone.
Tips to Buy a Model Home
Even though the model home is new, it may have been used by the builders as office space or salespeople. Also, the home would have been open for the public to see the property. This can be a huge problem for some buyers, but for some, it may be a positive thing. Since model homes are like their prized possessions, builders like to keep it clean and tidy at all times. But that is not the only factor to consider while buying a model home. Here are some tips that can help you with your decision: –
- You should always bring your agent when looking for a model house. Though most of the builders won’t allow your agent, you should insist. Your agent will always act in your best interest and will make sure that you understand all pros and cons before you make the decision.
- Do some homework about the builder. The model home may be beautiful and filled with amenities with a relatively low price, you should be careful. Get information about the builder and after-sales service. If you find anything fishy, it is best not to put your money there.
- Don’t get lured with low prices immediately whenever there is a model home for sale. Beautifully designed homes are tactics of builders to attract customers. If you feel the prices are extremely low than market value, it is a hint that there is some problem with the property.
- Check the warranty of appliances sold with model homes. Model homes don’t need to be sold immediately. It may have been years before a model home is sold. This means that you may not get a full warranty on appliances coming with the home. Talk to the builder and see if the warranties can be extended.
- Home Insurance discounts usually are provided for newly built properties. In the case of model houses, you may not get that discount even if it has never been used for living.