Marijuana is available in different states in the US as a prescribed medication. Some cultures have long used it as a medicine. But it acquired a bad rep when people used it for recreational purposes and started getting addicted to it.
However, with the right dosage, it should be able to relieve certain types of illnesses. It is a well-known relief for seizures and PTSD.
But not everyone can smoke weed, especially children. That is why cannabutter came out.
Today, you will learn more about what cannabutter is, how it is medically beneficial, and How to Make Cannabutter at your home.
What is Cannabutter?
From its name, cannabutter is a combination of cannabis leaves and butter. This butter mixture is ideal in baking cannabis edibles such as cookies and brownies. You only have to replace your regular butter with this one if you want to infuse the edibles with cannabis.
Since it has marijuana in it, cannabutter can provide the healing effects of cannabis. It is suitable for patients who are actively treated with medical marijuana but could not smoke it or prefer to take it this way.
How to Make Cannabutter
If you wish to know how to Make Cannabutter, you can watch several videos on the internet or learn a recipe from there, since a lot of different ones are available. The ratio is mostly different, as it can change the potency of cannabis.
If you need a stronger potency, use a 1:1 ratio or 1 cup of cannabis flower per cup of butter. You can decrease its strength by reducing the amount of cannabis.
Besides marijuana flowers and butter, you will also need to get lecithin, which helps molecules bind together correctly. Get a mason jar or a container with a lid, a slow cooker or crockpot, cheesecloth or a fine-mesh filter, and a spatula.
Once you have all the requirements, follow these steps:
- Grind the cannabis flower with a blender for a few times. Then decarb it to fully activate the THC by putting in the oven at 240 degrees for 30 minutes.
- On your slow cooker or crockpot, start adding the butter, lecithin, and the ground cannabis flower.
- Cook the mixture in the high setting for an hour, then switch it to low for around six hours or so. You can let it cook longer, as this will increase the potency of your cannabutter.
- Once you got the mixture cooked, strain it with a fine-mesh filter or cheesecloth into your container. Push down the sediment with your spatula so you can squeeze as much liquid out as you can.
- Let your cannabutter cool down for at least an hour and then store it in a fridge.
Benefits of Cannabutter
The most important use of cannabutter is to provide younger patients with their marijuana treatment without giving them something to inhale or smoke.
It is a delicious way to treat several problems, such as alleviating some cancer-related issues. It can also help people with insomnia sleep better. Cannabis can also help people with HIV/AIDS, glaucoma, ALS, severe and persistent muscle spasms, and chronic pain.
However, you must check if medical marijuana is legal in your state.