Quality content and organic traffic are the two pillars for a robust website. Link Building with the resource pages is a straightforward SEO technique to get high-quality backlinks. Additionally, it can fetch you potential buyers, within a short period.
Small, Medium and Large companies can take advantage of this readily available boat at the shore of off-page SEO. Further, this method has recently gained popularity due to its effectiveness in improving domain authority and leading to high conversions.
According to a source, top-ranking sites on SERPs have 3.8 more backlinks than lower position results.
According to a survey, 58.1% of the SEO experts say that backlinks have a high impact on Google rankings.
Backlinks are the metrics for Google to know the worth of your website. Nowadays, it doesn’t matter how many backlinks, but it does matter how many quality backlinks you get. Moreover, they are popular votes by other websites, which govern the reputation of your site.
Google Penguin Algorithm announced in 2012 phased out many black hat SEO practices of earning spammy links. Besides this, the webspam filter uses bots and crawlers to catch any unnatural backlinks, keyword stuffing, article directories, or misused anchor text.
It is a white-hat digital marketing technique as you provide helpful content for the readers of authority pages. You’re making use of the principle of reciprocity that says if you want something, you need to give something in return.
Indeed, you’re adding knowledge, insights, tips, or guides for the clients of the link pages. So, your text is proving quite beneficial for the viewers of the resource pages.
What is Resource pages Link Building?
Resource or pillar pages are the web pages that give the most helpful information to their readers on the topic. They are niche-based, which covers all the queries of the client. They are the industry leaders to which many other websites link their pages.
It’s like a one-stop place where users can come and research deeply on a particular topic by clicking on internal links. They are optimized for sector-related keywords and provide a broader range of the subject.
Resources pages contain a list of helpful links to add further knowledge to their readers or within the text. But, how will the owners of authority pages come to know about your content? It when you outreach them.
How to develop quality content for earning backlinks from Link Pages?
Before beginning the ride on the link-building bandwagon, let’s feed our horse with food of premium content.
Steps for creating the best content:
You need to analyze if my content is Link-worthy. If it is not, then find industry-related valuable content. You may use the skyscraper method to find content desired by the users in your niche.
A case study by Backlinko shows how Richard used the skyscraper technique to come on #1 on Google rankings. So, Google search results will tell you what type of content is ranking high on SERPs.
You can find the search keywords with keyword.io or Buzzsumo to look for keyword search volume and competition.
Last but not least, improve the content to find a better way out for addressing the pain point of the target customers. Look out for the issues covered in the top results and try to improvise them while developing your content.
In addition, see which one of the articles/blogs on your web pages, home pages, or the about section you want resource pages to link. Furthermore, what anchor text or keywords will you use for connecting. Finally, make a list of those keywords for further reference.
Outreaching to link pages is very important to spread awareness of your website.
How to get backlinks from resource and link pages?
Designing the proper link-building strategy can make a big difference in your off-page SEO. Doing it right is the best way to hit the bullseye.
- Finding the potential sites
- Choosing the accurate resource page
- Approaching the target websites
Finding the potential sites
Have you heard about the search string or search operators? We put the set of words in the search console to get the list of authority websites related to a specific topic.
Search strings collect and show the results of the websites higher in the list to the viewers. You can put the collection of these keywords in the search engine.
Combine keywords with descriptive words like helpful, useful, or best, along with resources, sites, or links to get relevant results. Additionally, ‘Inurl’ gives you a detailed URL list while ‘Intitle’ displays targeted titles.
- Keyword + “best sites.”
- Keyword + inurl: “useful resources.”
- Keyword + intitle: “helpful links.”
Sometimes, you need to try innovative words to yield a different list like top blogs, category awards, and others:
- Keyword + “best blogs.”
- Keyword + inurl: “recent awards.”
- Keyword + intitle: “top sites.”
Do you know that .edu or .gov are the highest authority links in their domains? So, it’s better to look out for these sites to get maximum traffic. You can find them by these search operators:
- site:.edu keyword intitle + “resources”
- site: .gov keyword inurl + “ links”
Thus, the basic fundamental for forming the search operator is that the first part is the type of keyword and the second section is what type of results you want to fetch.
For example, site:.edu environment “links” will display top links of educational websites on the search engine. It’s best to make the list of websites in the spreadsheet for easy selection and sorting out.
Choosing the accurate resource page
The critical parameters for selecting the best links are:
- Domain authority: It indicates the relevance of the subject in a niche.
- Page authority: It defines how a page ranks in SERPs.
- Organic Traffic reach: It shows how many people are visiting your site without paid advertisements.
- URL Rating: It displays the strength of the web page backlink profile on a 100 point log scale.
Other parameters like word count on a page, customer engagement ratio with shares, likes, and followers, external links, and languages used to play a vital role in governing the web page’s worth.
You must be wondering how to do it? Many link processing tools are available online to make your task easier, like the Ahref batch analysis tool, Screaming Frog, and Link Prospector.
Almost all sorting and deletions are complete, and we’re ready to jump into the following action.
Approaching the target websites
Indeed, this is the most important and deciding part in resource link building. First, consider these pre-steps:
- Monitor what sites are there in the list as some websites keep country-specific, particular language-related, academic, or government website links. In such cases, it is best to delete these links.
- Otherwise, some websites have inbuilt form-filling features for link building. You can fill up the form with the required details. It’s best to mention links to targeted web pages to avoid confusion.
Ways to connect with the prospects:
- Email outreach on mentioned email id: Look out for specific ids if there on the web page. They are likely to respond positively and consider your link if you approach them on this id.
- Use broken link building technique: Websites with thousands of web pages lacks time to check for the broken links. You can exploit this chance for effective link building. Further, if your subject is related to educational and government sites, it’s even better to avail this opportunity.
You can find broken links with a dead link checker or a broken link checker. Try sending them this list along with the link to your web page. Any digital marketing expert will appreciate your contribution and consider your message.
3. Use personalized emails: Anyone doesn’t read direct mails in this era of overloaded emails. So, why not try sending customized emails to develop better social connections. You can always start by appreciating how you find their content informational and then tell them to add your link.
What are the benefits of Resource Link Building?
Backlinks constantly strengthen your website by:
- It builds good public relations in your niche.
- It is a continuous source of referral traffic towards your website.
- More is the DA and PA of link pages; more link juice flows into your site.
- It helps make a strong brand image and firmly conveys your messages in front of the online niche community.
- Further, it improves revenue and lead generation of your products and services.
Link Building is worth investment for any businesses from micro to large enterprises as it gives good ROI. Start with creating strong content, after that look for the possible link pages, then delete the unnecessary ones, lastly outreach them nicely. SEO experts can guide you in how to build links effectively. Backlinks increase your site’s visibility by improving search rankings and thus lead to an increase in organic traffic and more sales.