It is rightly said – “We look what we eat”. In other words, what we eat affects our body and reflects from our face. So, if one eats healthy and nutritious food, our facial skin will glow and remain healthy, and vice versa. Poor diet often triggers various skin conditions including Acne Skin Care. No matter whether it appears in the form of pimples, whiteheads or blackheads, they indicate bad skin health. So, what needs to be done to treat acne? The answer now is quite obvious – to eat healthily.
Well, the best diet isn’t restricted to only one food that can clear all those bumps. Indeed, it’s a combination of several food items need to be taken along with the ones that should be kept at bay. If you are facing acne issues and want to get of them in no time, follow our diet and diet tips given below. Also, use revitol acnezine cream to get clear skin faster.
Foods for Getting Rid of Acne
- Complex Carbohydrates: Indulge in foods constituting complex carbohydrates as they can reduce the risk of acne formation. Consume complex carbohydrates in the form of legumes and whole grains. Measuring GI determines how fast and how high a type of food can raise levels of blood sugar. Measuring GL allows a person to compare types of food with different GIs and portion sizes. A person can calculate GL using this formula:
GL = GI x the amount of carbohydrates per portion (in grams) / 100
Avoiding foods with high GIs may be more helpful.
- Unprocessed Fruits and Vegetables: It is a well-known fact that more fresh fruits and vegetables you eat, the clearer your skin will be. So, include lots of fruits in your diet including oranges, apples, banana, papaya, etc. along with veggies like cucumber, beans, tomatoes, lettuce, peas, cauliflower, broccoli, and so on.
- Antioxidant-rich Berries: Just like fruits and vegetables, antioxidant-rich berries will help you clear your facial skin. Eat different types of berries like strawberries, blackberries, cherries, blueberries and goji berries every day. You can also make a shake from these berries and consume it with breakfast.
- Zinc-rich Foods: Eating foods rich in zinc help prevent as well as treat acne. A substantial amount of zinc is present in cashews, lentils, beef, pumpkin seeds, lentils, quinoa, turkey, and seafood.
- Vitamin A, C, and E: Vitamin A, C, and E are crucial for good skin health. Consume food rich in vitamin A including liver, tuna, cream cheese, spinach, and carrot. To intake plenty of vitamin C, eat lots of juicy fruits such as oranges, lemon, grapes, pineapples, etc. For vitamin E, you can rely on sunflower seeds, nuts, almonds, pine nuts, and peanut butter.
- Omega-3s: Omega-3s found in certain plants as well as animal-protein sources can help reduce inflammation caused due to acne. So, consume food rich in omega-3s including plant oils such as flaxseed oil, nuts, and seeds such as walnuts and chia seeds, and fish oil.
- Dark Chocolate: Dark chocolate that’s relatively low in sugar is super food for good skin health. It helps reduce pigmentation, helps retain moisture and keeps skin glowing.
Foods/Drinks to Avoid For Acne
- Sugar: Sugar is one substance that triggers acne formation. So, cut sugar from your daily diet or keep it within half to one serving. It’s fine to intake sugar in the form of fruits. However, avoid it elsewhere. Say no to refined carbohydrates, candies, sweeteners, etc.
- Dairy: Just like sugar, dairy sources are said to develop acne. Although they are high in protein and calcium, they also have subtle sugar content. If you don’t want to ditch dairy, eat Greek yogurt that’s rich in protein, calcium, and probiotics.
- Alcohol: Alcohol is not only super sugary; it also dilates the skin pores which can, in turn, lead to acne.
- Fast food: Acne is strongly associated with eating a Western-style diet rich in calories, fat and refined carbohydrates. Fast food items, such as burgers, nuggets, hot dogs, french fries, sodas and milkshakes, are mainstays of a typical Western diet and may increase acne risk.
The best diet in dealing with acne relies on consuming a well-balanced, nutrient-rich diet. Also, avoid foods that cause acne and don’t forget to drink lots of water to get clear skin!