Gaming has improved a lot in recent years compared to what it used to be. As a result, the requirement of running high-end games has now changed a lot too. There are some games that you can’t play without having high-end specifications on your PC. Different components of your PC need to be very good at handling the graphics, performance, heating, and other things to make the game run smoothly and seamlessly.
However, your game will lag and be unplayable if the hardware is not up to the mark. So, among other things, you need to make sure that the motherboard is up to the mark to handle the heavy games. There are many popular motherboard brands, but the most famous names are MSI, ASUS, ASRock, Gigabyte, and others.
Among these popular motherboard manufacturers, the most popular competition is between Gigabyte and Asus. This is because they have some really good gaming machines that can make your game run smoothly. However, this battle has been going on for a long time now, and plenty of things came to light from both sides. So, let’s find out which one is the best for gaming and comes with the most features.
Gigabyte Vs. Asus Motherboard
We will dive into both of the motherboard details and look at the models that they are offering. But before that, let’s take a look at the comparative analysis of the companies. There are many unique qualities of both companies that you need to know before choosing one. Learning them will help you understand more about both of the brands.
Gigabyte motherboards are divided primarily into five categories. Here are the ones given below.
- The ultra-durable motherboards provided by Gigabyte are made to make them run in any severe conditions and provide reliability to the users.
- Most of the motherboards by Gigabyte come in the mid-range price section. They are perfect for basic gaming, but you can also use them to get smooth performance for high-end gaming.
- The AORUS series of Gigabyte is specially designed for gamers to get maximum performance and enjoy an extreme gaming experience.
- The workstation or server motherboards by Gigabyte are designed for server computers.
- Last but not least, the IoT or Embedded motherboards are perfect for the onboard computers, which are internet-prioritized.
Similarly, there are a total of 8 different categories featured by Asus in their motherboard range. Here they are given below with all the details.
- The TUF Gaming, Pro Gaming, and ROG motherboards are specially made for gamers who like to push their limits. The performance of these motherboards is suited to run all the high-end modern games and high-FPS games.
- Asus provides some Workstation and Commercial motherboards. These are the last two categories that Asus produces, and the performance of these motherboards is outstanding.
- The Asus Prime, ProArt, TUF, and other motherboards are designed specially to provide computing tasks and better performance. This helps the users to get a reliable and smoother user experience.
By looking at these categories, you will be able to know the differences between both Asus and Gigabyte motherboards. All of the ranges offered by these manufacturers are very specific in the respective fields. When you take a close look at both of the motherboards, you will find out that there are not many differences in durability and performance. They both provide high-performing motherboards.
Both of these motherboards are compatible with AMD, Nvidia, Intel, and other chipsets, which makes them exceptional for gaming. All of these processors are very good for high-end gaming. However, a price difference between the motherboards of both of these brands makes them very interesting. Asus motherboards are priced lower compared to the Gigabyte motherboard, which makes them much more affordable.
On the other hand, the performance of Gigabyte motherboards is better than the Asus motherboards that can help you get a very good gaming experience. Also, the motherboards of Gigabyte are very durable and long-lasting, which makes them easy to use even in harsh conditions. Therefore, if you are looking for a budget-friendly motherboard, then go with Asus.
However, if you have some bucks to spare, Gigabyte is definitely a better choice to give you unmatched gaming performance and experience. As we talk about motherboards, do you know what motherboard slot has direct access to the north bridge? The primary PCIe Slot is the answer, which is responsible for connecting graphic cards and other cards to the motherboard.
Back to the topic, here are some popular motherboards from both brands.
- Gigabyte B365M DS3H
- Asus ROG Strix B450-F Gaming Motherboard
- Gigabyte X570 AORUS Pro WIFI
- Asus TUF Gaming B550-Plus
Choosing a good motherboard is one of the crucial parts to get the excellent gaming performance of the PC. If you are familiar with the PC components, then you have heard about both Gigabyte and Asus. Both of them are very well known for providing good gaming motherboards. Here is everything you need to know about both of these manufacturers to determine which one is good for you.