Now, more than ever, it’s so important to live a healthy lifestyle. One of the best ways you can do that is to eat a balanced diet. You can also use only natural products for your daily routines, including personal grooming to household cleaning. In addition, it’s important to understand how glucose levels can affect your body.
What is Glucose and How Can You Manage It?
Your glucose levels can determine how you feel throughout the day. Glucose is the sugar in your blood that goes through the bloodstream to provide the body’s cells with the energy they need. When your levels are within the appropriate range, it can help your body to avoid developing medical conditions like diabetes and heart disease. There are certain things you can do that can help to keep your glucose levels at a healthy range. They include the following:
- Exercise: Regular exercise can help you to lose or maintain weight and increase your insulin sensitivity. This helps your cells to make better use of the sugars in your bloodstream.
- Control carb intake: Avoid eating too many carbohydrates. You can do this by eating a low carb diet.
- Eat more fiber: Adding more fiber to your diet can help your glucose levels by slowing the digestion of carbs and the absorption of sugar.
- Keep hydrated: Drink more water to stay hydrated. It helps your kidneys eliminate excess blood sugar through your urine.
- Use portion control: Control your portions when eating. You can easily do this by eating more, smaller meals throughout the day instead of just three larger meals.
- Eat foods with a low glycemic index: Low glycemic index foods can help control your glucose levels. This includes foods like eggs, beans, lentils, meat, seafood, barley, legumes, yams, most fruits and vegetables that aren’t starchy.
- Control stress levels: Keeping your stress levels lower can also keep your blood glucose low. Exercises and relaxation methods like yoga and deep breathing can help.
- Get good sleep: When you get plenty of good quality sleep, your glucose levels are better. You should aim for between seven and nine hours each night and feel well-rested the next day.
Different Diet Plans for Healthy Eating Habits
Even if you don’t have diabetes, you can ensure healthier levels of blood glucose by eating the right diet. You should consume low carb options, but there are seven foods you can consume in your daily diet that can help keep your levels even and make you feel more energetic and healthier, in general. They include the following:
- Raw, cooked or roasted vegetables
- Low calories drinks
- Melons or berries
- Whole grain and high fiber foods
- Low, healthy fats
- Lean protein
Incorporating these foods into your diet on a daily basis can help you to adopt healthier eating habits. If you are craving a certain unhealthy snack like chips, you can make a smarter choice by instead reaching for baby carrots and a low calorie, low salt dip. Likewise, if you want something sweet, instead of grabbing a candy bar, you can have some unsalted nuts and dried fruit to satisfy your craving. These healthy options will also help you feel satisfied.
Fat Burning Methods
If you are overweight and looking to shed a few pounds to keep your glucose levels lower, there are natural methods you can use. For example, you can get a little more sleep, start a resistance training exercise routine and eat a diet that is high in protein. Skip the sugary drinks, especially soda, and grab water or unsweetened juices and teas instead.
You should also increase your cardio or aerobic exercise. Not only can it help keep your glucose in healthier ranges, but it can also increase your mood.
Finally, you may also want to take blood sugar supplements if other methods are insufficient in keeping your glucose levels in the healthy range. If you have diabetes or even prediabetes, especially type 2, taking these supplements along with your regularly prescribed medication can help to better manage your blood glucose. There are different types you can take, ranging from cinnamon to aloe vera to magnesium to chromium.